Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bianca Pattern from Made By Rae

Back in my March recap I mentioned that I got to be a pattern tester for the new Made by Rae pattern, Bianca. I was super excited to get to participate!
 Taping patterns together is more fun when you use washi tape!

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like the fit on me.
 But then I made it. And I like it a lot! For my first version I made the tunic and put the facing on the outside with a lace someone gave me. The fabric was a gift too, from Jennifer!
 I decided it was too much pink there on my chest and it needed a deeper V, so I seam ripped it back and made it a little deeper.
 Here's a close-up of the pattern as written...
 ...and my deeper v neck.
 Maybe a little too deep... but I like that better with the facing on the outside.
 My second version is the shirt length out of Anna Maria Horner voile.
I stuck with the pattern as written on this one and it turned out perfect! The cap sleeves are built right into the pattern. No extra sleeves to attach.
I used the elastic casing on the back for both versions. My elastic thread was all dried out, and the casing was easy to work with. The elastic comes around to the front and gathers the fabric instead of using darts for shaping. It's pretty clever, and easy, and COMFY!
Bianca is for sale over at Made by Rae and you can pick up a copy here.

4 comments:

Sewing by Shirley said...

WOWWWWW! I love this on you! The lace on the front is gorgeous and the color looks amazing on you. I will be adding this pattern to my wish list. You did an awesome job at putting this together.

Jennifer said...

I was gonna ask for that fabric back and then i see it on your blog! I have had that fabric for ever. since about 96 probably. I love it on you and I love the lace insert. I have a dress in the works for Emily with a lace insert (it's another H&M copy). I love your second version too. I have that fabric and just haven't been inspired to make anything from it but your top is adorable!!

Corinnea said...

How fun! I love it and you!

Jennifer said...

I already commented but I want to say that I don't think you age. You look great:)