Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Clover Pants

I ordered my first pattern from Colette - the Clover pants

Colette makes patterns that are designed to be flattering on curvy women. The construction was easy and had easy to follow instructions. However I should have made a muslin first. According to my measurements I should have been a size 14, but they were way too big! It's possible because I made them out of super stretchy denim. I ended up cutting them apart and making them smaller, but then got them too small! LOL! Since they are stretchy though they are still wearable. They are jeggings now! I ended up putting a yoga band waist on them with a 3" wide elastic. I have never used the seam ripper as much on one item as I did on these pants! 

I don't know how long they will last, but I will wear them until they fall apart and then make another pair. I'm thinking I might try to make a pair out of floral fabric and give that trend a try. They'll be my muslin. :)

2 comments:

Sewing by Shirley said...

You're efforts were not in vain! These are cute! And how often do we get the perfect fit with RTW? You are still ahead of the game. :)

Corinnea said...

Wow, you are awesome. I have the fabric, I have the pattern and I have yet to tackle pants....